Sunday, July 10, 2011

If You Only You Could.

I wish you could appreciate the music I listen to,
The music I cherish and analyze,
The music I stay up to all night,
The lyrics sing words I've always wanted to say, but never had to courage to,
Or to say the things I wish I had thought of first.

Sometimes the words feel like they're only being sung to me,
Not the audience they perform it for - just me,
Like the song or even that whole album was made just for my hollow ears to hear,
For my muffled voice to scream and shout,
The chills throughout my spine I get...

I wish you would come to a concert with me,
Put down that Ipod filled with all that artificial shit,
Hear the real deal,
Drums, bass, guitars,
Raw. Bare. Naked. In-Your-Face. Real.
Heaven.
Fell the crowds excitement, love, appreciation,
Fist in the air,
Jumping without a care,
Singing along.

Being that close to the people who got you through your most difficult times,
The background music to your happiest moments - It's indescribable
I want you to feel all of it,
Feel it all with me...


But i'm not stupid.

You'll never appreciate the music I listen to and how much it means to me.

No comments: